Acts 1:8 Missions Fund
What is the Acts 1:8 Missions Fund?
The Acts 1:8 Missions Fund was established in 2011 for those wanting to have an opportunity to give to missions on an ongoing basis over and above their support of the general ministry of the church.
Jesus said, “You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth" (Acts 1:8).
Missions, being active in the work of Christ on a worldwide scope, is at the heart of who we are as Christ followers (Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8). Missions involvement and impact is a large motivating factor in the hearts of many in our congregation.
How do I give to the Acts 1:8 Missions Fund?
You can simply choose “Acts 1:8 Missions” when you give online through E-Giving. Or you can indicate “Missions” on your offering envelope. The money received will be earmarked for the Acts 1:8 Missions Fund.
How are Acts 1:8 Missions Funds distributed?
30 % International Missions Support
· Lottie Moon International Missions Fund, Southern Baptist Convention. 20%
Currently supporting more than 4,800 field personnel who baptized 360,879 new Christians and started 29,237 new churches in 2010.
· Direct Missionary Support to missionaries in other countries. Approximately 5%*
World Hunger. 5%
15% United States and Canada Missions Support
· Annie Armstrong North American Missions Fund, Southern Baptist Convention. 10%
Currently supporting almost 5,100 missionaries involved in evangelism and church planting, disaster relief, missions education, church renewal and many other opportunities.
· Direct Missionary Support to missionaries in North America. Approximately 5%*
Currently assisting Andrew and Beth Hobby (Montana) and Al Kaidor (Florida).
15% Florida Missions Support
· Maguire Offering, Florida Baptist Convention. 10%
Supports disaster relief, church planting and evangelism, etc.
· Florida Baptist Children’s Homes. 5%
10% Local Community Ministries Support.
30% Project-Based Ministries
· Mission Trip Scholarships and Mission Team Support. 10%
· Special Mission Projects. 10%
· Seminary | Bible College Scholarships. 10%
Allocated by deacons in consultation with pastoral staff.
*Note: 10% of Acts 1:8 Missions Funds are allocated for Direct Missionary Support. These funds are distributed between international and national missionaries as the need is determined by the Missions Council.